Therapist A is a counsellor with a psychodynamic approach with experience of working with adults and young people.

Therapist A suggests that it might be helpful to talk things over with a counsellor, although it may be something that social services in France should get involved with.

Therapist B is a Relate-trained counsellor with experience of working with relationship issues and is an experienced couples counsellor
Hello, I'm very sorry that you are facing a real dilemma about leaving your friend in what sounds like a very unhappy & dangerous situation. I hope that the SOS number given for women in danger of abuse has already helped, but there is another one based in Nice who might also have experience in these issues: Accueil Femmes Solidarité:
Tel: 04 93 82 10 75
Otherwise it sounds as though your friend needs ongoing local support. It might help to give an idea of what area of France in which your friend is located, & looking up the helplines on this website or www.angloinfo.com There is also this site with various useful links, that deals with how friends can help an abused woman- I hope it helps you to read the suggestions, so that you can feel that you have done everything possible for the moment. Please come back to this site if you need to talk this through with one of our counsellors.
Therapist C is a psychoanalytic psychotherapist with experience of working with relationship and many other issues.

The response will be published here when available